Imagine, for a moment, you are one of your clients. An Architect, a Structural or Mechanical Engineer, perhaps. You’re sitting at your desk.. struggling to get everything done, with fewer resources and in less time. It’s an impossible, never-ending task with no relief in sight.
You know you want a particular item in your design, but do you take the time to model these elements?…taking time away from your “to-do” list? This is the information age! Your first step is to find these things on the Internet. You go to the Manufacturer’s website. You Google it. You go to Autodesk’s Seek.com or a Specification Site…
Perhaps in your search, you find a few details or snippets of information. Perhaps you have a beautiful catalog left by your local rep with a glossy photo, or long featured list of what you want.
This creates a bottleneck in the process.
Suddenly, everything you should be doing, grinds to a halt, as you produce a model of the specific product your design calls for… a product that the manufacturer has wanted to sell you .. one that you have decided is right for this design.. one that you want to use…
…but what usually happens, is that you simply do not have the time to model it, and so you go with one from another manufacturer. One that has BIM content.
Having BIM content of Specific Manufactured products, (Your products) – solves so many issues, and saves (your clients) so much time and money.
With BIM content this, you can
- Create visualizations to impress and inform clients
- Run energy usage and structural analysis
- Explore product and configuration options
- Compare products digitally, “in situ”, and compare their prices
- Add this product to what will become the “Owner’s Manual” of the building. Providing critical information during the lifetime of the building.
- Develop a priced Bill of Materials in Real Time
Yours can be this product.
- How are your customers using your information? Are they double-handling the information? Is it in a format they use?
- What issues are they facing?
- How would you like them to be using it?
- Who would you like to be using your products? What format do your “Big Fish” clients want?
- How do you think this affects their business? This is important, because it affects yours!
When you really improve the customer experience and especially when you make it a luxury experience. When you improve their productivity, operational efficiency, profitability, costs and design cycle times … not to mention their ability to visualize and present photo-realistic renderings at client meetings.
Your product is going to be specified. Loved. and Specified again. Your Company and Brand will be have won the hearts and minds of your clients. You may have the greatest products in the world, but if you make them difficult or time consuming to use, you are doing your company out of business.
With BIM Content, you can effectively showcase many design features and efficiencies like r-values, configuration and material options, all in one place.
What are you doing today to make things better for your clients and customers? Contact us today to see how we can help you, help your clients, and help your bottom line.Contact Us